Saturday, July 16, 2011

Undressing the Funny Man

Appreciation for the empty spring
take my burden
make it your own
lighten my load
then I'll let you go.

Maybe I'm insane
all the normal people are
but God it feels good
to come face to face
with myself
monstrosity walking
still fit to ride.

Trying to hold on
grips slippery
sweaty palms
into the abyss
the gaping mouth of darkness
and snapping razor sharp teeth.

Demons wear a beautiful disguise
and I love their dance more than life
they never fail to be
predictable
and by the puppet master
the puppet
never realizes
he's been played.

Raising my arms to the sky
gyrating
freedom
I am free
to that way or this
to that road or trail
spreading my wings.

There's soft moss
covering the ground under the trees
this is where I choose to be
the smell is sweet
the air divine
Beautiful smile
the darkness lifted
diseases left rampant
to consume me
now gone.

God you don't know
how much I appreciate
the cage being opened
spirits lifted
life restored.

Fuck the smaller demons
still dance at my door
they've tasted blood
and want more
in dreams I see
the cancer rise
from the arms of the living.

I am not your doctor
I am not your priest
I am not your savior
please let me be
For a moment took the veil
from your eyes
for a moment showed you the sky
the trees blooming
wanting more
you attempt to suck me dry.
This isn't a happy hello
this is a final goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment